Nice things to do on a sunny weekend:
1. Have morning tea with Suzette, Ben and Oskar Tex (here you can see a photo of our embarrassing couch! See, I told you it was embarrassing. Also, forgive me for wearing those shoes with those pants. What was I thinking? How did I imagine I could impress new friends with this look?).
2. Eat delicious cinnamon scrolls baked by Ben.
3. Sit in a beautiful garden with Amelia J, her grandparents and her great grandmother.
4. Wander around an art supply shop, a book store and shops selling Paul Frank gear and other fun stuff. Find a copy of The Penguin Book of Etiquette for Paul for his birthday. Feel very chuffed as we know Paul will love this book. Sections include how to eat an artichoke, how to iron clothes, how to ask for a pay rise and other topics that he will be bound to find useful in life.
5. Get home and shop on ebay for hours on end, not actually buying anything but filling up my “watched items” with quirky vintage stuff.
6. Discover a whole world of collectibles that I must have desperately.
7. Dream about ebay related subjects all night.
8. Sunday morning sleep in until 7am.
9. Hit the flea market with Dizzy and T.
10. Sit at the next table from Barry Humphries in a cafe. Remember the section in Paul’s etiquette book entitled “In the Limelight” which I happened to read while waiting for a sickeningly sweet “fluffy slipper” smoothie in a juice shop yesterday. It said “If you recognise someone well known in a restaurant…don’t stare…The time for autographs is at the stage door with your program after a performance, not when your idol is trying to go about anonymously.” Not that I would be brave enough to pester Barry Humphries for an autograph anyway, but he was hardly being anonymous. He stood up at one stage and announced to his table in his very distinctive voice that he really rather liked getting out and about.
11. Watch Amelia J smile at ducks (ducks and more ducks!) in a tiny baby animal petting zoo.
12. Discover while chatting to Lara on instant messenger that Paul already owns The Penguin Guide to Etiquette. We are very good at picking his taste.
12. Shop on ebay some more. Realise that I could have sold a Barry Humphries autograph on ebay!