Pixelated laughing

I miss my folks. This is how we keep in touch. xxooxxooxxoo

20 Responses to “Pixelated laughing”

1. Yvette

Wish my Mom had a computer! But at 83, she’s not willing to go that route – can’t say I blame her!!Thanks for sharing.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.I love this…the gorgeous laughing folks…you telling some wild tale & @philmc overseeing the whole affair…wonderful.

3. Jacqui

That’s a familiar setup, except my parents are in Canada and I’m here in NZ 🙂 Isn’t technology a wonderful thing? The bit I like best is that even though my daughter only visits her grandparents every couple of years they actually see each other much more often and maintain the relationship they developed in RL

4. umatji

oh this stuff is wonderful, tricky, exhausting and so so so not enough isn’t it! Thanks for sharing – makes me think of all my long away loves. Nothing like a real hug.x

5. Cassandra

Yup me too (with my parents). We have Skype dates twice a week. They even borrow library books to read to our bub, online. Miss having them in RL sooo much. Thank goodness for the internet and webcams.x.c

6. Melissa

I take my hat off to you for being so courageous and moving half way around the world! I couldn’t do it! Besides I don’t think they’d let me go with their grandkids!

7. Meppybn

Us too! – bless skype!! My siblings and I talk several times a week – sometimes every day – just a quick ‘hi’ or goodnight or more in depth – it makes the distance so much closer, especially compared to 30 years ago when I first came to the States and even phone calls were $5 a minute 🙁 – this is wonderful 🙂

8. Becki

oh wow… this makes me so happy, yet sad. i am a canadian living in australia, just outside of melbourne (opposite to you). and my whole family is back in canada. skype is one amazing thing, but its just never the same as the real thing. my life here has only just begun (no kids yet). but this definetely pulls at my heart strings….