Guess what we’re reading

harry01
harry02

Too exciting – I’m loving doing all the voices. I do a very good Ron, and a passable Hagrid. Off to watch multiple episodes of 30 Rock. Did I mention we are having a great holiday?

17 Responses to “Guess what we’re reading”

1. Tara

Ha ha, Ron and Hagrid seem to be my best too, I particularly like saying “Herm-i-one” as Hagrid. See, this is why we took drama lessons for all those years ! x

2. Feronia

I am devouring 30 Rock at the moment too. Zoomed through season 1 and now I have only 1 episode left in season 2 to watch. Are they making season 3? Isn’t it just great!

3. Ian Chia

It has been a treasured experience reading these to my daughters. Tonight coincidentally, we finished Philosopher’s Stone with my 7yr old, and my 10yr old has 5 chapters (so many nail-biting and teary chapters) until the very end of the Deathly Hallows. Reading time at night has been a very big commitment over the years, but I wouldn’t have swapped them for anything in the world. (-: It’s also been amazing reading the 1st book (again) simultaneously with the last book. JK Rowling tied in so many items mentioned with just tiny hints in the first book that in Deathly Hallows, we have gone “WOW” so many times. Absolutely wonderful. You won’t regret the amazing time you’ll spend with your children doing this. (Plus we have an HP rule that’s worked well in our house – they’re not allowed to see the movie until they’ve read the book. Gives them so time to absorb it and grow up some before hitting the darker books.)

4. Eddie

Ahh those are all great. I hope you guys enjoy them. Are these the first time you all are reading them? If so you are in for a great ride, if not I believe they are still great reads…Expecto Patronum

5. tracylea

I also love doing the voices 🙂 we read most everything in our house with british accents (of course we read a lot of british authors) narration is in plain ol’ american accent, however. I take a cross between jim dale and potter puppet pals for voices.

6. Cath W

Have I missed something? Here in the UK it is Harry Potter and the PHILOSOPHER’S Stone (I read all the books out loud to my son and we both adored them – but my Hagrid sounded more Welsh/Indian than Scottish!)

7. Sarah

I started reading those books with my son, but apparently I didn’t read enough chapters a night, so he took over and read them on his own!I am i Australia, and I have only ever seen the philospher’s stone, not the sorceror’s stone. Claire must have an American version.

• Claire

Yes! I do. I ordered a box set of the complete series last year from Amazon – it came in a special edition big treasure chest box. The reason I ordered the American ones is that i love the illustrations on the hardcover editions – Mary GrandPr – her stuff is lovely. The only problem are the small language changes from the UK / Australian editions to the US editions – such as the title! Also – lots of “moms”, but other than that they are lovely editions.

8. robiewankenobie

my kid is grounded from harry potter right now. that is a big deal ’round these parts. 😉

9. Suse

Yep they changed the title for the American market, because of the religious tones of Philosopher’s Stone.How come you’ve got an American copy Claire?

10. PlanningQueen

I really thought that I wouldn’t enjoy Harry Potter, but I was completely surprised at how much I liked it. I have read the series twice now, once each to my two oldest boys.Congratulations on your Nuffnang Awards Nominations – will we be seeing you in Singapore?