Starry Serenade Redwork Pattern

starry02
I’ve been working on my contribution to Kirsty’s Rework Quilt Project and have been enjoying the gentle, repetitive stitching.

starry03

I drew up my pattern in Adobe Illustrator so thought it would be easy to write up some accompanying instructions, save it all as a pdf and put it up here as a downloadable embroidery pattern – for you! From me! For freee!

download

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print off this file, which is available for free here.

get_adobe_reader

The pattern and instructions are copyright and are for personal use only. Please don’t copy and redistribute it, or sell items made from the work. But you know all that. Thank you.

Let me know what you think  – I might do some more in the future.

< adverting spot > Don’t forget the prints and rabbits and kokeshi dolls – all available now but selling fast! < / advertising spot >

55 Responses to “Starry Serenade Redwork Pattern”

1. Sam

Thank you so much. It is very generous of you.My daughter brought out an old Cheeky Beaks book she had the other day and as soon as I saw it, I recognised the illustrations as yours. Gorgeous.

2. frog

Popping back to say that it’s looking very lovely in shell pink on calico. Another one (in purple) will match it and be sent interstate so that each girl cousin will have one and think of the other.

3. liz

eeek! how cute.thank you!! i’ve got a great idea for this one… better scurry off to write it down before i forget.:)

4. shannon

WOHHOO youre on a roll!!I did my stitching last night on the couch, Steven was all ‘ and what have you got here grandma…’ jeez. go back to work dude.

5. frog

Thank you! Though I might do purple for a certain niece who might be rather fond of this in a frame, or a pillow…

6. Pip Lincolne

Thanks for thinking of us, and making this for us all to share, Claire.You are such a share-bear, Claire.But not a stare-bear.Because that is rude, and rude you are not.xx

7. Ulla V.

Such a beautiful pattern…redwork has something special to it.Thank you so much for your kindness. :))

Have a nice weekend…

8. Yvonne

Cool! Thanks so much. Can’t wait to start stitching away.Have a nice weekend

9. mia

Thank you!! Just the inspiration I needed to re-pick up a baby quilt I need to get done!

10. pinry

thanks for sharing this! it’s so lovely and one of the more compelling reasons i’ve seen to get out the linen and floss.

11. ani

love it! it’s so sweet and maybe i’ll learn a little thing or two about embroidery in the process.

12. Andee

This is such a lovely thing to share. Thank you! I have mastered French knots, but the chain stitch will be new to me.

13. Suzanne

Thank you – I am always looking for simple embroidery patterns. I sew them, put borders on them, back them with flannel and give them to our local hospitals for their premie babies. This will be perfect!

14. Erin

this is great you should definitely get a pattern set going 😉 or better yet you should see if Jenny Hart needs a new artist in her “Artist Series” patterns so then there will be transfers for them!

15. Karen

Love it!Do you have a flickr group where we can see other people’s finished projecs?

I am hopeful that you will sell a PDF how to for your marshmallow bunnies!

16. blair

I love it! Such a fun take on redwork. I see a redwork quilt in my future, I’m putting this download in a special place.

17. Jacqui

Thank you so much – so cute! My daughter was asking about embroidery patterns that I could do for her (aren’t they so ambitious for us sometimes?) and this will be perfect.