I love Lucy

lucyfooty
The girls have gone through the fence for a play with the neighbours so the house is suddenly very quiet and very empty… apart from the mess! I started to tidy things up and found this in Amelia’s school bag. Lucy is a reoccurring character around these parts. There have been stories about building tree houses, going to school, dealing with a little sister and so on. I was happy to see our heroine in heart-shaped glasses busting stereotypes again in her most recent adventure. Go Lucy!

15 Responses to “I love Lucy”

1. Mandy

That is adorable. Those are the sort of things you need to save in a box and cherish, and to pull out fifteen years later and cherish again. 🙂

Gold…pure gold. Super loving a little girl who draws footy players in heart shaped glasses.

3. Cele

Ah, this is Great. I love the little cartoon books that children make. Love the heart shaped glasses,cool!

4. Helen

I love this. She’s on to something, that’s for sure. Do show us if she creates more in the Lucy Department 🙂

5. Amy

I love this Lucy too. Yay!!!! for stereotype-bustin’ little girls! (I’m trying to bring up two of my own–so far, so good.) :o)

6. Carla

Yes, who is this Lucy – my daughter (prep!) just came home with a drawing of what she did on the holidays “I went to Lucy’s house” – we don’t know any Lucy’s….Maybe they’ve both met this same amazing Lucy…!

7. Lucinda

Hi ClaireI haven’t commented for so long but have been very good at lurking. Lovely to read about your gorgeous girls. Amelia’s illustration is wonderful, hope you save it!

We have created an art and craft table for our two girls and I come across all sorts of beautiful, amazing, funny things at night when I do a quick tidy up. Such a privilege to see the world through the eyes of your children!

Congratulations on your re-newed creativity. I enjoy seeing your craft projects unfold and I have been interested to read about your novel writing (every day in may is a fantastic initiative in the creative community).

Best wishesLucinda (of the defunct rainbowcake)

• Claire

It is! OMG – I can’t tell you how much of a hero you and Shannon are to Amelia at the moment. All I can say is that I am glad they are well written because we are reading them morning and night (and she spends her lunchtimes at school reading them too)