My Creative Space today is COLD

mycreativespace004
This is the stuff that I pulled out of my bag (apart from the laptop) from last night when I got to go and do some stitching in a place where the ducted heating was belting out good warmth. Thank you to my kind host who kept it running for my sake even though it meant several people had to go bare foot to enjoy the balmy climate.

My Creative Space” this week has still mostly been on my laptop doing my Every Day in May writing, but I have also been working on my doll to send off for the Casa Bernabe Orphanage project. Her head is much smaller than the dolls I made for my girls for Christmas but she should still be a decent, huggable size.

Other acts of random creativity this week:

1) I made a chicken pie. It wasn’t ready when I had to leave last night, but there’s enough to serve up again tonight and I am looking forward to that goodness. I learnt that I can make a pie (including the pastry) fast, if I need to.

2) I started sketching some ideas for a Paper Moon print. I will need to clean the studio before I can get the gocco out but it’s great motivation.

3) … hmm.. it’s been a bit quiet creatively speaking. Oh, but that’s right : the writing! Apart from yesterday, I have managed to get at least 500 words down every day, even though it’s way too cold to get up at 5.30 at the moment. My manuscript’s at 65, 363 words and that’s with some heavy edits. The plot structure is out.of.control – I was thinking yesterday that it’s a little holding a jelly (jello?) in my hands. No matter how hard I try and hang on to it, bits ooze between my fingers and the whole lot threatens to fall at my feet in a big messy splat. But it’s draft one, it’s always going to be a jelly draft. At least this one is raspberry flavoured.

everyday_mini

Other My Creative Spaces here, thanks to Kirsty. xx

19 Responses to “My Creative Space today is COLD”

1. shannon

three weird men installed the fire this morning, so now I have ducted heating and fire – how jealous are you??

2. Gina

Mmm, I think I’m gonna gatecrash your house and eat your G&B chocolate… if it’s not already gone! Still, you need to keep your energy up for all that writing.

3. Kate Bruning

If you have green and blacks chocolate and an apple computer, you have the best creative space in the world. I am envious….

4. Emjie

I dream of one day living in a house that has a fireplace, where I can roast homemade bread on the end of a long roasting fork, and read “Wind in the Willows” to my daughter while wrapped in a crochet blanket.[sigh]

5. MissyP

I really love your commitment to your writing. REALLY admire you. Looking forward to seeing the completed doll too. Thoughful & generous!

Look how perfect your gorgeous punkdorf head is. You’ve been so good with the writing – keep going I’m busting to read that jelly book.

7. Jodie

Those of us following are very excited by your jelly draft -no matter what flavour.

8. Lucy Bowler

It’s a chicken-pie / casserole time of year I think! Made a casserole tonight with stock I’d made yesterday – yum! I’ve got enough left over for a pie, come to think of it! Look forward to seeing the Gocco print. I had a disastrous day with a screen that wouldn’t burn properly, so I need to get the artwork photocopied and hope that helps (had used the riso pen). Well done with your writing. Am very envious there! I used to do a lot, but found having kids made it too hard for me to get a run and really concentrate… one day I will get back to it!PS The doll looks as though it will be very cute too!

9. Angie

I discovered the G&B white chocolate only recently….have been consuming vast quantities of the milk & dark for the past year…..I think a trip to the dentist may be in order!Those paper moon prints are strange but appealing (like lots of old stuff), looking forward to seeing your gocco print.

10. Maureen

Wow lots of creative work being done. That every day in May is quite admirable. I think I may make up my own and Have A Try In July. No novel, but a collection of memories.

11. Leslie

I love the photo of your space. The stuffie looks like it will be very cute. Keep warm!

12. Melissa Crowe

I just wanted to pop up and say that, regarding your out-of-control plot, when I tried to write a novel, I had the opposite problem–I’m a poet and spent hours upon hours (okay, YEARS) writing beautiful description, touching inner monologue, even the odd exchange between well-imagined characters, but, um, basically nothing happened. So I’d say, from my perspective, too much plot is way better than not enough. Forge on, and don’t worry about it! It’ll all come out in the wash. (You’re my hero.)

13. Carol

Home made chicken pie sounds wonderful. Any chance that you would share the recipe with us on here? The idea of a quick one is intriguing.

14. M*

That’s a beautiful shaped head there. I’d love to see the finished product. It’s a great thing to be making, just wish I could find the time to make one to contribute too

15. Jennifer Rose

good for you writing everyday! 😀 and I agree with Melissa, better to have too much plot to go through and edit then no plot at all