Paumes – So cruel!

paumes
Oh so cruel! In our year of “must not spend on anything frivolous” I have found more Paumes books without which my collection will not be complete. Ages ago I spotted the Paumes title “London Gardens” and thought – “there is nothing sweeter than an English garden except for a Japanese book about English gardens” and our garden needs all the help it can get. So that one is on my list. And then, of course, they released San Francisco Kitchens (with Lisa on the cover!) so that suddenly became a MUST have and to make it even less indulgent, I thought, I can get the two shipped together. And now? Now I see they have released Apparetements de filles à Paris and it looks mighty cute, and considering I spend most of my time imagining I am a Parisian fille in a pretty appartement how can that not be anything but a necessity? But three fluffy Paumes books? In a year of no spend? Pardon moi, but that is totalement ridicule.

Le sigh.

** updated to say that The Lark is now stocking some Paumes titles in Australia! **

19 Responses to “Paumes – So cruel!”

1. erin

They sell a huge range of these at Kinokuniya in the Sydney CBD – and its horrifying when I calculate how much I’ve spent on them. I’ve only bought the craft books but I am keeping my eye on the home ones as well. Seeing them in person and at decent prices (without the fluctuations of foreign currency) is very very tempting.

2. Natalie

Oh well, I can’t resist these Japanese titles. The SF kitchen one is just lovely. Good luck resisting these beauties!

3. green ink

Oh lord Claire – this is dangerous territory! I have just moved into a new flat and have a feeling I’ll be ordering quite a few of these!!!!

4. Fiona

Ack! I was just looking at these last night – wanting to get the one with Lisa on the cover, and then drooling over the London Gardens & kitchens ones, etc. But then I did the math and realised that my last Paumes purchase cost about $25 per book, and if I bought 4 this time (cough), they would come to $40 a book – yikes! The dollar is so dodgy I don’t think even a group purchase would help justify these babies for a long while. Such a shame!

5. danielle

Apparetements de filles Paris looks seriously tempting. Must look away now before the credit card comes out…..

6. Fran

Danger! Danger! I was lucky enough to buy a stash last October but I should have got more!! They’re like visual bonbons. I’m trying to order four more now. Don’t tell Emma…

7. Amy

Oooh – I had only heard of San Fran Kitchens – but Paris Apartments too! Need them all!

8. Shelley Noble

WE HAVE A POLICY IN OUR HOUSE WHERE WE CONSIDER BOOKS TO BE AS ESSENTIAL AS FOOD. (caps unintended but still)Just saying….

9. Estefana

Hello! I have some photos of the book Appartements de filles Paris in my flickr. See them!Indeed I recommend it, (I was lucky of that a friend was visiting Paris 2 weeks ago) because since the book came to me, I have not stopped seeing it every day!;)