Scrap happy

We are heading to Canada on Sunday so I am dashing about packing, repacking bags that small children unpack, sorting, making lists and generally feeling slightly panicked. In between I am finding moments to cut out a bunch of my new dolls. Above is the scene under my ironing board. I thought it makes for an appropriate photo for today because it looks a little like the way I feel. Argh!

Anyway (she says calmly, after a deep breath and a cup of camomile tea), blogging may be a little irregular over the next few weeks but hopefully I will post some gorgeous photos of lake-side Summer living! Hooray!

37 Responses to “Scrap happy”

1. Gin

Oh Canada is a big place! I hope you have fun with the in-laws!Right now in Quebec, we have been stuck in rain and are so ready to have some sun…

2. littlem

This is a bit what our house looks like – except it’s recipes and boxes of foreign food scattered around house! Being creative is messy 🙂

3. Melissa G

Ooh! Canada! Lucky you. Hope yall have fun.I like the photo. It looks like my work space after one full day at it with the crafts.

4. Chrystal

Where are you going to be visiting in Canada?I live in Kelowna, British Columbia which funnily has a large Australian population in the winter because of our ski hill.

Hope you have a great trip!

5. Prue

Have a great time! I’m about to post my Friday archive – a photo from when I did photography at school.

6. Caroline

Hello from sunny Nova Scotia! Have a wonderful trip. Will you be spending any time on the East Coast?

7. Jenny

i like that very interesting pile of bits-shows you have been very busy creating-good luck with the trip organising and have a wonderful time.

8. Chrystal

I would guess they are headed to Toronto. (I’m such an internet sleuth!)

9. Linnea

Have a fun and safe trip to Canada, Claire! I hope you are relaxing at this very moment!Linnea

10. yvette mitchell

hello, im yvette.i really quite like tour website.your terific at sewing and i one day hope to be able to aquire your skills.i was wondering if there is a website that has instructions on how to make a quilt with just squares and not like triangle together to look like a square?and has no border?if you do i would much aprisheate it:)thank, yvete

11. nathalie

delurking to say…that if it is indeed toronto please send me an email and I will hook you up to all the wonderful, kid-friendly, best kept secrets of my city! We are having a wonderful summer here in Toronto, though sometimes a bit stormy. Rain gear and swim suits are good things to pack.

Good luck on your journey!

12. elissa

Feeling jealous that you will be enjoying summer while we suffer through winter here, but not envying your packing, flying, jet lag and unpacking. Hope the kids travel well, and let you relax a little!

13. kathreen

have a great time – send lots of photos – lakes and mountains – any bears up there? and tall tall forests.

14. denice

a note to kathreen – yes, there are bears. stupid supid bears who scare me and make me wet my pants. but have only seen samesaid animals twice in my entire life, so….to claire – are you coming to visit my while you are here? because even though you do not know me at all and i have only commented here like twice in as many years, i read you all the time and could make time to meet you for tea. to be all, you know, welcome to canada and whatnot.

you will have a lovely time. this is a wonderful country and well worth the distance you will have to travel. enjoy!

15. elbie

Oh, oh, oh! I bought the Twinkle quilt you have on your etsy sidebar this week without even seeing that you had it up there. It’s really well done!

16. Jo

I just found out that you are BACK on Loobylu and now you are going to Canada! I wanted to ask you if the kiddie website is still going – I couldn’t quite remember the name. There is such a need for it…. Have a great trip!

17. Grac

Have fun in Canada! And congratulations on the article in the Green Guide, very entertaining and a beautiful picture.

18. Philippa

Hey Claire – hve just found a link to the newspaper article about you and the wonderful world of blogging. Great article and good profile for you. Hope you are having a fab holiday in Cananda – just think of the fame you;ll be coming home to!!