On my desk – prickly pears

I thought I would post a happy photo for today – for on my desk. Actually – is it happy? They all look so terrified! While cleaning up my studio, I found at least 10 of these half finished prickly pear pincushions in a bag patiently waiting to be finished. I think I might.

And top right is a pincushion Jane sent me years ago as part of an amazing back-tack package – and I still use it all the time. It’s a great size and shape. If you visit the link to her site I included, you will see a gorgeous patchwork bag. The bag is currently holding a quilt WIP for Amelia. I really must get back to that too.

29 Responses to “On my desk – prickly pears”

1. Gin

I love your little creations. They are so adorable! You have a very unique style throughout your work. It’s refreshing!Are you selling any of those pincushions anytime soon? If so, can I add my name to the list for one?

Cheers!

2. Susan

Oh my! The pears are back! Ohh, how exciting 🙂 I bought one yonks ago but gave it away, boo hoo. Fingers crossed these guys make it onto Etsy (hint hint).

3. leisa

i do remember these glorious pear pincushions from a couple of years back and have been searching vainly for them ever since… any chance of an etsy sale and one earmarked for me?? 🙂

4. Melanie

How adorably adorable are they?! And of course they’re slightly terrified – you’re going to stick pins in their heads!

5. Frogdancer

They SO need to be finished. What irresistable little faces. I knoiw I’d do far more sewing if I had a pincushion like that to tickle my fancy!

6. Linnea

I can’t wait to see the pears all happy and stuffed…maybe they won’t look so scared then! No, just kidding :o) They’re lovely. Good luck with your WIPs!! xox Linnea

7. when skies are grey

Wow, I’ve always loved these and your kitties. They are so close to being done too!You’ve been inspiring the masses for quite some time now.

8. Jenny

I had the pleasure of meeting one of your little pears in person a few months ago at Heidi’s house. I always thought they were cute, but it was even cuter in person! How fun it is that you have refound this batch!

9. brit

oh how I’ve missed your blog full of fun little creatures. Those pears are even more adorable now!

10. Kristine

Gorgeous prickly pears. They are so you. I’m sure if I saw them out of context I’d immediately think of Loobylu.

11. Michelle

I see my little pear everyday sitting on my bookshelf. I luckily picked one up from your stint at hudson clothes a while ago.They’re adorable.

12. Kerri

Hi Clairethese are just divine I bought one a few years ago when you had an exhibition for my daughter Shilohand she loves it. I now have another daughter….it would be sweet if they could have a matching pair of pears! Please oh please etsy these…good to see you back blogging.

Kerri Young

13. Kristina

They do indeed look terrified I think the one on the left has passed out!I’ve always loved seeing the pears peeking at me from various studios around the Crafternet… glad there’s another crop.

14. Melissa

I remember them and wish desparately to own one. Please finish and put up in your shop I would buy one in a heartbeat. I have tried to get a print but your sell like hot cakes:) Thats a good thing.