The Friday Archives: 1997 – Autobiographical Comic

Click for page one.

Click for page two

Welcome to the second Friday Archives! In case you missed last week — I have started this thing where every Friday I post some work (illustration, art work, craft, writing) from my past and I invite you to play along. This week I’ve even made a button. You can find it below.

This is an excerpt from a two page comic I drew in 1997. For the whole story you can click on the above links for two pages of angsty, autobiographical comic badness. I drew it all by hand! Those were the days. I wouldn’t dare any more. A lot of liquid paper was used.

Here’s the button:

Feel free to copy it into your site and link it back to loobylu.com

It’s meme-city around here. I am LOVING yesterday’s celebrity sightings!

23 Responses to “The Friday Archives: 1997 – Autobiographical Comic”

1. Michelle

Claire, this is just fantastic! I wanted to keep reading. Beautiful, poignant, and I’m sure we’ve all been there before …

2. Christine

Hi Claire – first time I have commented here. Love your site! And I love that comic! You came up with Meg Ryan’s character from You Got Mail before the movie!

3. Kirsten

I loved this! The drawing is great but it is definitely rivalled by the writing…it resonated with me as I am always reducing life to a commonly hashed out movie plot.

4. Gina

Fun comics but you left us hanging at the end! Was there more? I fondly/not-so-fondly remember those days of single-dom that you captured so well!

5. spleenal

I draw everything by hand and screw it up all the time.10 mins in photoshop soon fixes everything

6. Staindrop » Blog Archive » Mini Update

[…] A few new items have been added to the shop. I hope to have another update ready for next week with birds in nests and hedgehogs! I will be back later today with my blue images for color week and some images for Loobylu’s The Friday Archives. […]

7. Betty Jo

Thankyou for starting this meme.I lost most of my old artwork in a flood, but I will dig out some survivors! Love the “old school” comic strip.Even the best cartoonists still use liquid paper!

8. Jess

Love the comic and what a great idea, Friday archives I mean. I’d love to play along.

9. Sabbio

I have just discovered your blog. I love it! So fresh, cute 🙂 And you know the Moomins 😀 (I didn’t know it was famous in Australia! Here in France it was on TV 10 years ago)

10. Meg

how cute! love your meme. i posted an old drawing on my blog for friday archives! thanks for the neat idea. :)http://magpieskinnies.blogspot.com/2008/05/friday-archives.html