Long weekend

I have a date with this pumpkin and a pie crust this weekend.

This is the pumpkin that we found hiding all those weeks ago. There are a couple more growing on the vine now too and a few others which didn’t get very big before they were devoured by the possums (there’s a lot of fist shaking at possum nests going on these days).

Other plans for this long weekend are making felt beads out of some delicious merino wool I bought from Winterwood today (is it possible to visit Winterwood without getting thoroughly carried away? I have brought home a book on how to make Waldorf Dolls and some fabric to make a start, that’s what I mean by carried away!).

Amelia is making chocolates with her fairy god mother tomorrow and I am going to get back to that “Project Atelier de Filles” that’s been hanging around for a while now.

On Sunday we are off to finally meet new baby Joe (who isn’t so new anymore) and we’re taking him this lovely doll – another Winterwood purchase. It’s a “Papoose” doll from Colours of Australia.

Isn’t she great? She looks a little bit like she should come with a set of fire twirling sticks, a couple of little doobies and a set of bongos, but she’s very cuddly.

13 Responses to “Long weekend”

1. Daisypatch

Oh she looks so sweet. I love that shop and all those gorgeous tiny little felt gnomes and fairies. Oh and the unicorns…and oh that yarn, isn’t it scrumptious? And all that wool for felting. Who knew it came in so many more colors. That shop is dangerous to my purse and its almost worth going back to fulltime work, just to spend it there! : )

2. Christie

Oh. I went to Winterwood last year for the 1st time, isn’t it great!? I made my daughter a Waldorf/Steiner doll for christmas, I can’t wait to see yours.

3. amy

That little pumpkin is so perfect! I hope we’ll have such success with our pumpkins this fall. Can’t wait to see how your Waldorf dolls come along :).

4. Cherry

I sympathise with your problems with durned varmint! Our locals ate every last passionfruit from a positively laden vine, and they weren’t even ripe. One of my wailings were about how they could at least have waited till they were ripe so ONE of us could enjoy them.

5. Jo

It must have been ‘winterwood’ day… I spent the day stitching up a unicorn that was brought there last year (there is a pic on my blog if your interested).I love that shop sooo much.

Will you let us know how your Waldorf doll turns out? I really want to make one for Daisy this year 🙂

6. pip

What a lovely pumpkin! It’s all about pumpkins at your place at the moment, isn’t it!?! If you feel so inclined to be tagged.. then I tagged you! I never tag anyone… so I just wanted to see what it was like! Hope you might come to the museum with us soon?! I am sure there will be pumpkins there!

7. Di

Can’t wait to see the pumpkin pie!Winterwood looks great – I can understand why you have difficulty leaving empty handed – it’s a bit like our local knitting shop Twist Fibre Craft where I never leave without buying something!

8. Suse

How lovely to read your blog and see Winterwood mentioned. I get to work there one day a week and believe me, it’s easy to spend all my pay and not actually bring any money home!(I was looking longingly at that little doll this week, funny to think she’s at your house now).

9. nicole

looks like a great pumpkin!some friends with a pumpkin patch have mentioned using citronella on nets over the pumpkins to keep the possums away (apparently they don’t like the taste very much!).

10. farmgirl

love the pumpkin! we are just getting into spring here and i am looking forward to the fall harvest already!