J’aime le chain stitch

carsfly01.jpg
I wrote the title in french because “I love chain stitch” is comparatively dull. But it’s true, I do. And none of the other stitches can compare — at the moment anyway. I am sure it’s like first love and when I learn the next stitch I will be equally crushing on that one. But for now it’s chain stitch. We had a hot date last night with my new embroidery and tonight I look forward to cuddling up on the couch with it again.

How to chain stitch

30 Responses to “J’aime le chain stitch”

1. trina

Now I want to go embroider something. Hi. I’ve never said that though I’ve been lurking about for sometime. I’m so happy that you’re back.

2. Colette

Thanks for the link and the inspiration. Wish I was in Melbourne to attend the classes at Meet Me At Mikes .But I think I can give it a go with your tutorial. Very nice to have you back x

3. amanda

ah, chain stitch. chain stitch is my friend. Actually, I cannot wait to curl up with some myself this weekend.Have a lovely one, Claire!

4. karen

moi aussi j’adore le chain stitch ;o)but my favorite to do is the “french knot”…tricky but lovely…well…difficult to use for an entire embroidery ;o)

5. pip

Oh stitcheroo, Miss Loobylu! Nice work! You are crafting up a lovely storm over there! There are some really fantastic HOW TO stitching videos on YOU TUBE too – which are perfect for people like me who have to turn themselves upside down to understand diagrams!

6. jenny b harris

Cute! I’m a big fan of le split stitch, only I do mine like a back stitch, poking the needle down into the previous stitch instead of coming up through it. The stitches sit up on top of the linen all nice and tidy. I’ve noticed embroidery seems to be gaining traction in the online crafting world lately.

7. iHanna

Welcome back to blogging Claire! I love to embroider too, it’s like drawing – but sloooow! :-)take care!

8. Andrea

Hello there! You have officially been tagged :)Have fun ! Here’s how it works:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

9. Berlinswhimsy

Love this post! I’ve had many hot dates with my embroidery lately (I even two-timed a bit with quilting, too)…I need to practice chain stitching—I’m not very good at that one…

10. Kris

I’m liking embroidery. I like that I can do it on the couch with a drink (though things can go a little wonky if too much goes down) – feels very cosy but also productive.And all those threads and colours – so pretty.

11. Amy

You’re back — I just typed in your url and wanted to read your old archives to soothe my nerves, and found instead that you’re back (which is far better, of course)! Yay!P/S: Please stay!

12. Lisa

Hmm, my chain stitching never quite looks this neat. I’ll have to keep practicing.

13. Sherbet

I am so, so glad you’re back. I checked back periodically and always had to hold myself back from leaving a weepy “Come back to us!” comment.Your blog has meant so much to me and my life. I’m sure that seems silly to you, but it’s true. You’ve opened windows and doors for me. Someday I will be ready to start my own blog, hehe.

14. Melissa

I am so pleased to see your return. I certainly missed your entertaining blogs and pictures. Welcome back Loobylu!

15. Karen

so glad to see you are back. Your blog was the first one I ever came across while searching for pictures of toy cats one day. I got very excited about the cool cute crafts, books from Japanese amazon, all sorts of goodies and great links. I had no idea blogs could be so interesting it prompted me to pull my finger out and do my own. Thanks

16. zoesquid

Mmm gorgeous stitching. I must get wriggle on and finish my brown owls stitching. Thanks for the motivation.

17. charlie pOp

waow !great surprise to see you’re back !i love the drawing you’re stitching !in french, the name for this point is ‘ point de chanette’ and i love it too ! :)i also love the ‘ette’ at ‘point de chainette’ ! 😀

18. sarah shepherd

Yes, I have a crush on chain stitch too … shall we fight over him? No seriously … Its my stitch of choice … especially on wool hand knits … with wool yarn. I’ve been neglecting him of late … must re-ignite the flame, so to speak.