On my desk… on a Wednesday

onmydesk01.jpg
Ink! And brushes!
I am not sure what I am going to turn this in to — gocco print? Embroidery? I am still playing with it. It’s meant to be Lily in our garden, hence the pumpkin leaves, cucumbers, beans and tomatoes. I haven’t drawn the possum-massacred capsicum bushes nor the forgot-to-be-watered herb pots… nor the weeds! That will be an entirely different embroidery or gocco print.
Kirsty started this little meme and just as I was wondering what I should post today, this came along. It’s nice that it’s happening on a Wednesday as I have some time to do some work on Wednesdays so can do a kind of WIP thing.
Truth be told, This isn’t actually my desk. This is the kitchen table but it was my desk for today so it kind of counts. My desk is below — and as you can see it’s got too dark to take any more photographs so that will have to do for this week.

onmydesk02.jpg

16 Responses to “On my desk… on a Wednesday”

Oh Claire. She is beautiful. My desk is also roving – sometimes kitchen table, bench, outdoor table, card table, floor.I’ll look forward to seeing what is on your desk on a Wednesday. Thanks for playing along.

2. supertasticanj

Such a sweet face amidst the foliage. Wonderful control in your ink work (wish I was brave enough to try ink and brushes). Also love the pops of color on your kitchen-desk.

3. Tan

Are those the Derwent watercolour pencils on your desk? I just got the 24 set and don’t appear to have a red but rather two oranges…how annoying as red is my favourite colour 🙂

4. Georgia

A lovely drawing. It would make a fantastic embroidery…or print…you can’t go wrong either way. 🙂

5. Kylie

I think any mother has mastered the concept of the roving desk – it can be the study, the kitchen table and even the couch!- Kylie

6. rhelynn

Such a cute drawing! I love to see other people’s art materials spread out. I wish I could go tear out all my inks and nibs right now but I have so many creatures waiting to be finished 🙂 Very funny on the pumpkin plant taking over your patio!

7. Kari

I’m so happy to see you are posting again. The lobbylu of old is what introduced and got me hooked on the crafty blog community. Welcome back, I’m sure I’ll be a frequent visitor, already you have inspired!