First day of Winter. Time to stay in doors and make paper dolls.
Please read Keri Smith’s 10 Ways to Infuse Your Work With Your Personality. Keri’s pearls of wisdom are always a welcome delight. I have printed this out to keep in my journal.
And to celebrate the end of Amelia’s dairy free three months:
Cheesy Star Shape Biscuits
(otherwise known as Cheese straws or Biscuits – from “The Commonsense Cookery Book – Book 1” published 1970)
3/4 cup dry cheese
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup plain flour
salt (I left this out) and cayenne to taste
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Grate cheese
2. Mix butter lightly into flour
3. Add cheese, salt and cayenne
4. Mix egg yolk and lemon juice, add to flour mixture, and mix to a stiff dough
5. Roll out dough to 5mm thick
6. Cut out star shapes (or whatever – even just sticks) with a floured cutter.
7. Bake on a greased tray in moderate oven 150°c – 160°c for 10 to 20 minutes.
8. Cool on tray
This doesn’t make a lot but they are really easy and really tasty so next time I am going to try doubling the recipe.